Welcome to our Community! Here, you’ll find open ears, discussions, advice from people like you: people with spinal cord injury as well as their relatives and friends.
Why this Community exists
No matter you roll or walk — life is what you make it out of your opportunities. We are convinced that, together, we can achieve more for people with spinal cord injury and their environment.
Who we are
- people with spinal cord injury: young and old, experienced and green
- loved ones, siblings, friends, and colleagues of people with spinal cord injury
- researchers, experts and experienced coworkers of the Swiss Paraplegic Group in Nottwil
- silent listeners and avid storytellers.
We all are this Community.
How we roll
This Community is as good and useful as we make it:
- If we like posts, we let the author know. By giving a like or leaving a comment, you are promoting a lively discussion and a committed Community.
- We maintain a positive atmosphere and meet each other with respect, understand, and, therefore, let others have different opinions from our own. Insults and abuse have no place here.
- Be honest, play a part in the discussions here, but renounce spam posts. Please read our Terms and Conditions for more detailed information.
- Secure your privacy and others’ by posting without publishing personal data such as addresses, telephone numbers, etc.
- Your private data is secure with us. We do not pass them on to third parties, and – apart from your username – no one can see them.
- The user-generated content published in this Community is based on personal experiences, not necessarily on medical expertise. Use this content as you see fit. You can receive medical advice from a dedicated expert.
- This Community does not offer an emergency service. If you or someone you know is in urgent need of help, call a doctor or an emergency number at a hospital close to you.
This Community is more than a group of people whose lives are just connected by spinal cord injury.
What unites us are shared...
- experiences & stories
- goals & wishes
- fears & worries
- setbacks & successes.
To not lose sight of why we support each other, we created the Community Manifesto. Read it, share it, adapt it!