Welcome on the new Community!
Dear Community users,
Welcome on the new Community! We are thrilled to welcome you back 😊
As mentioned before in this blog post, here you’ll not only see a new design but also new boards, improved features and new or updated contents. Here a few highlights:
- The new “Private” board on the Forum is only visible for registered users and cannot be found through Google. Therefore, if you can’t see it, make sure you are signed in 😉
- The new “Marketplace” offers a separate space for personal, non-commercial ads.
- The contents of most of the Wiki articles with basic knowledge about the topic of spinal cord injury have been updated. Some new articles will be added – all written by experts from Swiss Paraplegic Centre in Nottwil.
- New is the board “Latest Tips” in the section “About the Community”. Here we give a short and concise summary of links, newspaper articles, events, discussions, etc. on the topics spinal cord injury, disability and the Community to keep you in the loop. Also here your comments are much appreciated!
- As promised, your personal messages will still be available – and are much better presented as discussion threads. Take a look here 😊
- We have now made it easier to subscribe to contents via email – simply click on the “Subscribe via email” button above on the right, confirm, done!
- Your personal profile is better organized and includes only the main features – see here for yourselves!
- As you can see on many pages, the Community has also changed its look by adding numerous and changing pictures 😉
- On the new homepage, you can directly access more relevant contents from the whole Community.
- The new, more flexible software now allows us to implement your requests faster. It is open source, i.e. it is being improved continuously according to the feedback of numerous users. This means that maybe not everything is perfect yet – but that we can solve issues quickly with your help.
What you might need to do on the new website if you have not already done so:
- If you have a user profile, you should have received an email with a temporary new password. Sign in using this password and your user name. You will then be able to choose your own password in your profile. If you have not received the email, please contact us – our contact information is at the very bottom of this page.
- If you have subscribed to contents from the Community via email, you have to re-subscribe to these contents. As mentioned above, luckily this is very easy 😉
- If you have saved links to subpages of the Community – e.g. to a Forum board or a Wiki article – you will have to bookmark them again.
We ask you for your patience if some contents are not available within the first few days or if not everything works smoothly. Any comments regarding linguistic errors or technical issues are much appreciated!
We sincerely hope that you’ll like this new website. Share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comments section below!
And now have fun on the new Community!
Your Community Team
Be the first to comment!