2. Assistive Technology
  3. Thursday, 15 April 2021

INNOVATIVE ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY 

Kinobionic Interview With Dr Jeff Ebin

Johannes
Community-Manager
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation

Hi Babyfisher

First of all, welcome to the Community! Thank you for your first post and for sharing the two videos. Would you like to explain a bit what they are about and why you posted them? This would surely be interesting and helpful for other members, especially because the second video with the interview is very long.

Best regards

Johannes

1. more than a month ago
  2. Assistive Technology
  3. # 1
Babyfisher Freshman

Hey,

Yes!  And thanks for the reply.  I'm an emergency room physician and my passion is creating new assistive technology.  It bothers me how far behind the field is for quadriplegics and I'd like to change that.  This shorter video is about some of the projects for quadriplegics I created last year.  If you see anything that may be useful or have an idea you'd like made I'd be glad to try and help out.  Part of my ethos is that this work is to benifit people and is completely free.

The second video is a longer interview I recently did that I thought some users may find interesting.  In particular, starting around 26 minutes in, we discuss what new assistive technology is available today and what new devices may be available in the new few years and what the field looks like in 25 years.

Hope this helps.

1. more than a month ago
  2. Assistive Technology
  3. # 2
Johannes
Community-Manager

Hi Babyfisher,

sorry for my late answer. Thanks for explaining more about the videos and about your background. Actually, I had no idea that the videos are showing yourself and your projects. It's just great that you have this ethos and that you are so engaged in improving the situation for quadriplegics by developing assistive technology for them! Did I get it right that you do this on an individual basis? I find very impressive all those devices in the first video and that you made them on your own, teaching yourself just by YouTube videos! How can you do all this while also working as an emergency room physician?

Greetings to Houston!

1. more than a month ago
  2. Assistive Technology
  3. # 3
Babyfisher Freshman

Yes, thank you!  

It's my passion.

1. more than a month ago
  2. Assistive Technology
  3. # 4
  • Page :