We are improving the Community further – for you!
On June 29th, 2019, the Paraplegie Community will have a new look. You may get excited about quite some improvements.
Dear Community users,
Two years ago, the Paraplegie Community went online. Since then, together we have achieved a lot: Currently over 10,000 people access the Community every month. More than 2,600 contributions are available here. We did not believe such a fast increase was possible! Thank you for your help in creating a site that is lively, exciting but also safe :smileyhappy:
We would like to give you something in return: We are enhancing and redesigning it – because we can thus accommodate some of your requests and make the Community even more attractive. Here are some things you can look forward to:
- Resulting from multiple requests, we can now offer a “refuge” – a discussion board that is only visible for registered users and that cannot be found through Google. This request was made by Hutsch and odyssita in this discussion and also by Tulipe and Rolfd in this discussion.
- As also suggested by Tulipe, there will soon be a “marketplace”, i.e. a notice board for private, non-commercial ads.
- The majority of the Wiki-articles with basic knowledge about the topic spinal cord injury will be updated. Some new articles will be added – all written by experts of Swiss Paraplegic Centre in Nottwil.
- There will be another service offered by the Community Team: Current hints and links, short and concise.
- Personal messages will be presented more clearly as discussion thread.
- It will be easier to subscribe to a discussion board.
- Your personal profile will be better structured and reduced to its main functions.
- The page becomes more appealing through more pictures. At the same time, more relevant content can be accessed directly on the homepage.
- The flexible software allows us to implement your requests faster also in the future. It is open source, i.e. it is improved constantly according to the feedback of numerous users. This means that maybe not everything will be perfect yet – but that we can solve problems fast with your help.
We hope we will be able to offer all these services simultaneously with the relaunch – if something’s missing or does not work smoothly, we kindly ask for your patience :smileyhappy:
It is our goal to make the transition to the new technology as smooth as possible for you. Most importantly, no contents must get lost. And this we can guarantee: Aside from all public contributions from the Forum, Blog, Wiki, Ask the Expert etc., all your personal messages to other users will be saved.
To give us enough time to transfer all this data to the new platform, we will have to “freeze” the Community website for a few days at the end of this month. This means, you’ll still be able to read all the contents but not to create new posts or messages. This limitation will be in effect starting June 25th.
As soon as the new site will be online on June 29th, the old main addresses of the Community https://community.paraplegie.ch/t5/Paraplegie-Community/ct-p/EN and https://community.paraplegie.ch will be redirected automatically. However, we won’t be able to redirect every single subpage. Therefore, if you have saved links to specific contributions or boards, you will have to save them again.
For reasons of data protection, the old passwords cannot be transferred to the new platform. Therefore, when the migration is happening, you will receive an email with a new temporary password. This will allow you to log in and change the password. Your user name will remain the same.
This is it for now. Of course, we will send you a reminder before the relaunch. If you have any questions, please drop us a line in the comments section below.
We are looking forward to the next step with you – and we hope that you’ll continue to make the Community such a great place!
Your Community Team
P.S. To give you a little preview of what’s coming, here a first picture of the design of the new Community homepage:
[translation from the original German blog post]